Don't miss this unique job opportunity.
Are you looking for experience and hands on interactions with seniors? Are you a highly motivated individual with a passion for meaningful work? Does the idea of helping seniors live well, happily and confidently interest you? We are on the lookout for well-rounded individuals interested in working with Call The Grandkids™ on a casual, part-time, or full-time basis. Most of our clients are located in Vancouver, Burnaby, and on the North Shore, so it is ideal if you live in one of these cities or close by. Our standards and expectations are nothing but the best, and our compensation is competitive.
Call The Grandkids™ was founded after realizing the needs of our own grandparents. Providing care and attention to seniors is our top priority, but we are not caregivers in the traditional sense. We are a team of friendly companions on a mission to help seniors live well, happily and confidently, wherever they call home. Our services are designed to support the home environment and supplement the work of licensed caregivers and healthcare providers, when they are necessary. We are not Personal Care providers. Our focus is Activity Based Companionship, which includes assisting with Housework, Shopping, Appointments, and Technology. We believe it's the smallest things that make the biggest difference.
Is This You?
- You are truly passionate about making seniors smile, this isn't just your job
- You are well-rounded and prepared to step outside of your comfort zone
- You are a people person and aren't shy about getting to know someone new
- You are patient, compassionate, positive, and good at identifying the needs and feelings of the people you interact with
- You can cook, clean moderately, organize household items, garden lightly, shop efficiently, and take thorough notes in appointments
- You are comfortable with everyday technology such as smartphones and tablets, and have the patience and compassion to teach seniors
- You are proficient in verbal and written communications skills in English and are capable of documenting detailed notes about the help you provide
- You are always on time, and ideally live in Vancouver, Burnaby, on the North Shore, or close by
- You are bondable and have never been convicted of a criminal offence (a criminal background check is mandatory)
- You have current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification (may be completed during the interview process)
- You have current FoodSafe Level 1 certification (may be completed during the interview process)
- You are a confident driver with a valid British Columbia driver's license and a clean driving record (a driving record check is mandatory)
- You speak a second language fluently
- You own a vehicle that you are comfortable using for work
- You have completed a formal education program in nursing, Kinesiology/Human Kinetics, Rehabilitation Assistant or Aide, teaching or a related field
- You have at least 1 year of experience working or volunteering in a professional role with seniors
- You are a student currently studying in a healthcare, policing, teaching or related field
- You are retired from your career in healthcare, policing, teaching or a related field
What To Expect
- A friendly work environment and team that cares about you just as much as clients
- Training and support to grow within Call The Grandkids™ in the future
- Competitive hourly compensation
- A minimum of 3 hours per shift with each client
- Flexible work hours (as per client needs)
How To Apply